Another great vegan recipe for all the people that like coffee cake. Now I for one can take it or leave it as I don’t drink coffee, never have never will. I just never could aquire a taste for it myself. I did try when I was younger everyone said you had to put a lot of sugar and cream in it until you got used to the flavor. Well I never did get used to the flavor and at times I can’t even stand the smell of it. But sometimes there will be a coffee cake that I can stand.
“All For One” Coffee Cake
Adapted from my “All for One” Peanut Butter Cake
Makes 1 serving
(Calculated with reduced fat coconut)
Serving size: entire cake (whole recipe)
Fat: ~6 grams (healthy coconut and almond fats!)
For the crumb topping:
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut (I used reduced fat coconut.)
- 1/2 Tablespoon almond meal
- 1 teaspoon applesauce
- pinch salt
- sweetener to taste (I used 1/2 packet of stevia.)
For the cake:
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon egg replacer plus 4 Tablespoons of water
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- sweetener to taste (I use 1-2 packets of stevia.)
- Mix all the ingredients for the cake in a bowl and stir until completely combined. Pour into a large, greased, microwave-safe mug and set aside.
- Now mix all the ingredients for the crumb topping until completely combined, and sprinkle on top of the coconut flour mixture in the mug. Microwave for about 2 minutes, keeping a close eye on it to cook it shorter or longer as needed because microwave cooking times vary so greatly. (Just note: It took 2:30 in my microwave, but my microwave is older than I am.) Let cool for a few minutes.
- I wasn’t supposed to eat the whole cake after I did the photo shoot. I took a few bites…then I took a few more…you get the picture. I have a feeling you may be doing that very soon, too. Right? Good.