When it comes to lunch I’m always looking for other great ideas for something different to eat for lunch. Of course it has to be something that is easy and fast to fix yet has great taste. It might look like it’s hard to make but they claim that if you have all the ingredients that it doesn’t take that long to make. Anyway it’s something different.
1-2 cups of bulgur wheat or couscous
4-6 ripe tomatoes, chopped
3-4 scallions – sliced
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
Finely chopped fresh parsley, dill and mint
Ingredients for the dressing:
4 tbsp lemon juice
5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp each of cumin and paprika
Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
Pinch of dried chili flakes (optional)
1. Cook the bulgur wheat or couscous. As it’s cooking, prepare the dressing by mixing the lemon juice, tomato puree, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika and chili together. Finally, blend in the oil with a whisk.
2. Pour the dressing over the cooked bulgur wheat or couscous, stir well and leave to cool and marinate for at least 1 hour.
3. Prepare the tomatoes, peppers and scallions and mix them into the cooled, marinated bulgur wheat or couscous. Leave to stand for at least 30 minutes, to let all the flavors mix together.
4. Serve with bread, such as pita bread and crunchy, green salad leaves.
* To add an extra crunchy twist to this dish you could also throw in some toasted nuts in step 3 – walnuts work well with this dish and are a good source of protein and if you’re in need of some more healthy vegetarian lunch box ideas, take a look at this article I found on the Fit Sugar website.