When summer comes around, these words come to mind: beach, coconut, lime, and fresh. All of these words define these cups (well, except for the beach. Desserts can’t give you the beach). A decadent coconut filled cup bursting with zesty lime flavor, these coconut lime chocolate cups are a delicious paleo and vegan treat. Gluten-free, dairy, free, refined sugar free but still 100% delicious, these sweet cups are sure to be your new favorite treat!
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
To Make the Chocolate:
- Mix together the coconut oil and maple syrup until smooth.
- Stir in the cacao powder until no lumps remain.
- In a 12 cup baking pan lined with silicone molds, add 1 tablespoon of chocolate to the bottom of each cup. Set in the freezer for 5 minutes to harden.
- Once hardened, add 1 tablespoon of coconut lime mixture to each cup. Press into cup to flatten.
- Cover each cup with remaining chocolate. Sprinkle with extra coconut or lime zest if desired.
- Place in freezer to set, roughly 10 minutes.
- Remove chocolate cups from molds and place in an air tight container. Store in the fridge until ready to eat![…]