You can’t help but feel the tipping point. Steakhouses have vegan options, airport menus feature kale salad, grocers are dedicating more shelf space to plant-based items, and vegan food trucks are expanding. As a medical doctor, I have seen near miraculous improvements in health when patients adopt a vegan diet —whether they jump right in the pool or dip their toe for a while before entering. The environmental impact of becoming a vegan. It may be hard to measure the health and environmental effects of just a single day on a vegan diet, but my patients often experience big […]
Click here to view original web site at The Environmental Impact Of Eating Vegan For Just One Day
Gluten-free, pescatarian, paleo, vegan …the food fads floating about nowadays are enough to make your head spin. It’s no secret that more people than ever before are conscious about their food intake, with healthier lifestyles and cleaner diets taking top priority and consumers cutting down on their meat intake. Beetroot, Sweet Potato and Grains Salad Whether you’re a hard-core vegetarian or you’re consciously adding some #MeatFreeMonday meals to your week – the demand for healthy and convenient plant-based dishes are at an all-time high. As we’re halfway through Vegetarian Week (15th-21st May), we thought we’d pick the latest veggie […]
Click here to view original web site at 10 Veggie Trends Taking The Country By Storm
Vegan Mac & Cheese (Creative Commons) When people hear the word vegan, they initially turn their nose up at the idea. This is especially the case with children, who want to try everything and crave to fit in with their friends. They don’t want to feel like outsiders because of dietary choices made by parents. It’s time to start making everyday meals with a vegan twist. You get to help your children feel like they’re having the same as everyone else – and others around them will see the food and believe that it’s just the same. Most of […]
Click here to view original web site at 12 Vegan Macaroni and Cheese Recipes Your Children Will Enjoy
These unique burgers are a great way to eat your favorite food (burgers of course) while still breaking up the monotony of veggie burgers. These hearty zucchini and almond patties are topped with a zesty pear chutney and then finished with some fresh kale and onions.
For the Patties:
- 2 2/3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups almonds (soaked in water overnight)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped dill
- 3/4 cup of chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoons psyllium husk seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Chutney:
- 3 medium pears
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2/5 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
For the Burgers:
- 6 burger buns of choice
- 6 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 handful of kale
- Fresh or pickled red onions
To Make the Patties:
- Place the soaked almonds in a food processor together with the lemon juice, salt, garlic, and water.
- Pulse them until a smooth cream forms. Add more water if needed to break down the almonds.
- Add the almond mixture into a bowl together with the zucchini shreds, the dill, psyllium husk seeds, and the chickpea flour. Add some more salt and pepper if you like.
- Mix everything together well and let it sit for about 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, preheat some canola oil in a large skillet and form 6 burger patties out of about 2 tablespoons worth of the almond mixture each.
- Fry them for 3-4 minutes on each side.
Click here to view original web site at Zucchini Almond Burgers With Chutney [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
If you’ve ever tried to cut back on or completely eliminate meat and dairy from your diet, then you probably know that it’s not always the easiest thing in the world to do. They say that old habits die hard and when it comes to the way we eat, most of us have grown up eating the same kind of food for most of our lives. The change can be especially difficult when you want to up your intake of fresh fruit and vegetables for a healthier lifestyle rather than choose pre-packaged, plant-based meat substitutes, which can often easily […]
Click here to view original web site at These Doctors and Nurses Are Going Vegan to Teach Their Patients How to Do it